Ribbon: amazing what a little bit of it can do…. !
Ribbons have to be the most-loved items of scrapbooking artists. They are just so fun and versatile, and a mere inch of the right trimming literally lifts an entire layout from flat and mediocre to show more dimensional zest and a flair for fashion.
50 Ways to Use Trimming in Crafts
1. Tie it onto a tag, photo mat, border, or photo as an accent.
2. Use with a hole punch to make a booklet.
3. Tie onto clips attached to paper.
4. Use to secure a fold open photo frame.
5. Staple along the edge of a photo for a border.
6. Place behind a photo to use as a mat.
7. Tie in a knot and adhere with a glue dot.
8. Attach a ribbon charm and use as a long border.
9. Thread through eyelets and tie as an accent.
10. Tie onto a slide holder for a small picture frame.
11.Tie onto each end of a metal label holder.
12. Tie small bits of trimming onto a larger piece of trimming for a unique border.
13. Attach diagonally along the corner(s) of a photo.
14. Stamp words and sayings onto trimming for titles.
Trimming for Crafting
15. Tie numerous ribbons around the lid of a gift box.
16. Tie small bits of trimming along the handle of a gift bag.
17. Tie small bits of trimming on each piece of a spiral notebook
18. Fold and staple along the top of a gift bag.
19.Tie around a sketchbook, journal or diary.
20. Tie ribbons through buttonholes and attach with glue dots.
21. Weave trim strips to use as placements, wall hangings, etc.
22. Use fabric stiffener to make ribbon bookmarks.
23. Make a French trim board to hold notes and photos.
24. Tie around the handle of a mug and fill with candy for a gift.
25. Use a hoop and long ribbons to make a mobile for breezy summer days.
Bonus ideas: Make a ribbon fish; fold ribbon roses; make ribbon headbands; make barrettes with bits of trimming; silk trim embroidery.
Ribbons in Home Decor
26. Use long/wide ribbons to store and display barrettes and pins.
27. Overlap and hang various trimming styles/lengths on a bathroom window.
28. Tie gingham craft trim around glass jars in the kitchen and bathroom.
29. Tie ribbons onto candle holders (WARNING: keep ribbons away from flame).
30. Decorate old wooden boxes with trimming, pretty fabrics and glue dots.
31. Wrap around an old or damage photo frame.
32. Sew ribbon to your plain dishtowels.
33. Tie large ribbons to the backs of chairs for a fun lunch or dinner.
34. Tie ribbons onto napkin holders.
35. Tie beads onto trimming and then attach to a lampshade.
36. Use trimming and painted clothespins to make a card/artwork wall display.
37. Tie to the tops of curtains for a festive display.
38. Make ribbon tassels to hang in your home.
39. Sew trimming onto the edges of your sheets, pillowcases and curtains.
40. Decorate a flower pot with trimming.
Trim in Fashion
41. Tie them onto your hangers, drawer pulls and shower curtain. Bows are very popular right this minute.
42. Tie a ribbon onto any zipper pulls you have!
43. Tie bits of trim onto a large safety pin for a quick accessory.
44. Use your ribbons as hair bows.
45. Tie around your neck for a quick accent.
46. Use wide ribbon alone or weave smaller ribbons to make a belt.
47. Use for a watch band.
48. Tie bits of trim around the handles of your pocketbook.
49. Sew/attach trim onto hats, clothing, socks, shoes and belts.
50. Use slide holders, trimming and photos to make jewelry.
To find great trimming to work with, CLICK the images above. Wonderful deals: low prices, quality material. Pick wisely, as there’s so many to choose from.
More Articles featuring Ribbon
1. DIY Adorable Strawberry Ribbon Hair Pins
2. How to Make Curls in Grossgrain Ribbons & how to make fantastic curly ribbon wreaths
3. Making silk ribbon necklaces.