Maxi dresses are great for summer: as draped cover-ups, for evening glamour and/or all day sun cover. None will be stealing the show but you, wearing a suitable maxi dress!
How about you making this beauty? This easy-peasy maxi dress uses nothing more but a top you already own as your base sewing pattern.
- 2-2.5 yd knit fabric (60″ wide)
- 2 packages 1/2″ wide elastic
- 1 package double fold 1/2″ wide bias tape
Material = Style
The fabric you’ll choose for this dress dictates the style.
- From Sexy Glamour
To Fun Summer …
(check out this super stretchy alternative…)
Pink-navy blue tropical flower fabric pattern – a lightweight polyester spandex.
Bringing it forward to also suit early Fall …
Vacation Maxi Dresses
I had fun placing this dress in a Italian setting. What a wonderful dress to stroll around when that light is just so magical in a romantic Italian hillside town, in the late afternoon-evening….
Model, dress design & pattern: Abby, SewMuchAdo.com
More Women Summer Fashion
- Maxi Dress (another super easy & fast to make glamour dress, with video tutorial)
- Bina Wrap (for cool evenings; another fast sewing project)
- Ruffle Dress ~ sewing pattern
- Dolce Gabbana Silk Shorts ~ sewing pattern (absolutely ‘wow’!)
- Womens Fashion ~ overview of sewing patterns
Summer Crochet & Knitting Patterns
If you prefer to knit or crochet, have a look at this
- Laced Summer Crochet Shawl with Flowers
- Halter top, with Granny Triangles Shawl
- Knit Bikini
- … or see at this Crochet Patterns Overview what clothing you’d like to make this summer.
We have lots and lots of jewelry making tutorials and accessory patterns here, but here are some fun highlights…