I made this St Patrick’s Day Recipe as a treat for a friend of mine who is leaving the country and I wanted to wish her good luck on her new adventure. Of course, I knew that you would be equally interested in some yummy quiche recipes and some novel St Patrick’s Day recipes, so I combined all these hopes and dreams and created this monster. Ha ha..
This quiche turned out delicious! Because the oven temperature is so high, the quiche cooks quite fast, making this a fabulous recipe to completely prepare ahead of time (all that chopping) and put hot & fresh on the table for when you have guests over.
St Patrick’s Day Recipes :: Quiche with Shamrock Decorations
Lucky, lucky Spinach Quiche
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 package of cream
- 1 cup milk (add to get the right consistency
- 1/2 cup graded/chopped Emmenthaler cheese
- 1/4 cup graded parmesan cheese, and a bit more to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots, chopped red pepper and chopped tomatoes (without the seeds)
- sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 recipe pâte brisée (recipe below)
- 1 handful of chopped bacon pieces, for half a quiche, or 2 handfuls for the whole quiche.
Step by Step Quick Spinach Quiche Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Mix the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper.
3. Chop vegetables and grate all the cheese.
4. Grease your quiche | pie pan and flour the bottom & sides.
5. Lay in your cooled pâte brisée (* recipe below)
6. Design your edges with your hands to make that nice wavey edge.
7. Add bacon to half of your quiche base. Sprinkle the vegetables and cheese on top of the quiche base evenly.
8. Place the quiche pan in the center of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup of cubed butter bits that were previously frozen in your freezer for a night
- Up to 1/4 cup of cold water
Mix the flour, salt and the cubed butter bits and rub the pastry with your fingers till the butter softens into the flour. Add a bit of cold water at a time while making the dough.
As the dough softens, roll it out onto a floured surface till thin and big enough to cover your 9” quiche pie pan. Keep a bit of dough aside to make 4 heart ‘cookies’ which are to be place on top in the center of the pie.
Cool the dough again as required. If you indeed used frozen butter, you may not need to.
Happy St Patrick’s Day!
(includes St Patrick’s Day Recipes)