Heart Appliqué Crochet Pattern is a versatile beginners pattern. It makes an embellishments that’s a statement of love. I am featuring this in my home on a pillow. However do not stop there!
Crochet Appliqué Ideas & Uses
Here are some ideas on how to use:
- Crochet 1 as appliqué for a pillow, bag, girls bedding, curtains or jacket.
- Or use it as a little mug rug.
- Sew 2 together back to back, leave the top open and add an i-cord. You’ll have a lovely little bag.
- Sew 2 together and stuff it – makes a small pillow.
- Create 3+ (and get some of the other free small rose patterns from FineCraftGuild.com and) to a heart garland.
- Design 7 into a lovely scarf for a friend, by attaching one below the other.
- Easy and fun!
Great stash buster / good for left over yarn, as you need just a few.
To get a similar look to the heart in the picture, pick a yarn similar to Lion Brand’s Vanna’s Choice, Hobby Love This Yarn! Solids, or a Stylecraft Special Double Knit. Any kind of aran or 10-ply yarn will do.
Heck, any kind of yarn will do – the final size and look ‘n feel will just differ. It’s entirely up to you. It does not really matter! A matter of taste, purpose and the (leftover) yarn you have in your yarn stash.