Crochet Heart Appliqué Pattern – For Love
Typically, this Crochet Heart Appliqué Pattern is used to make hearts for Valentines Day craft projects. However, with so much going on in the world right now, having a comforting heart to give away or to hold onto, is creating a sanctuary for someone.
Hearts are a universal symbol of joy, happiness and comfort and of course, love. And we for sure need as many of those around as possible right now. The heart is associated with emotions. So I encourage you to make some hearts to offer some emotional support to people you know who need this.
And of course, I welcome you to crochet some hearts simply because it is a quick, easy and most enjoyable project to do in the garden or anywhere for that matter. If you are looking for a hearts craft, this is a really good project to make. Hearts are fun.
I used this crochet heart as show as a pillow appliqué. As I hand-sewn it onto another crochet pillow, it easily comes off and I can change things around if I wish. and I do. This heart is only on that pillow in February, part of my Valentine Decor kit. ;-)
So, I am featuring this in my home on a pillow, but do not stop there!
Crochet Appliqué Ideas & Uses
Here are some ideas on how to use this crochet heart appliqué pattern:
- Crochet 1 as appliqué for a pillow, bag, girls bedding, curtains or jacket.
- Or use it as a little mug rug.
- Sew 2 together back to back, leave the top open and add an i-cord. You’ll have a lovely little bag.
- Sew 2 together and stuff it – makes a small pillow.
- Make 3 in cotton yarn, add a hanging. loop, and you’ll have a set of heart kitchen pot holders.
- Crochet 4 in cotton yarn, and you’ll have fun set of wash cloths.
- Create 5+ (and get some of the other free small rose patterns from FineCraftGuild.com and) to a heart garland.
- Design 7 into a lovely scarf for a friend, by attaching one below the other.
- Easy and fun! The sky is the limit really, as hearts are good icons to have anywhere in the home.
Great stash buster / good for left over yarn, as you need just a few.
Dimensions – Crochet Heart Appliqué Pattern
This heart is about inches 7.5 inches (19 cm wide) and 8 inches (20 cm) tall – that is measured with the optional scalloped rounds included.
Any yarn in your stash will do to make a heart appliqué. However, the yarn used in this project is an acrylics blend.
To get a similar look to the heart in the picture, pick a yarn similar to Lion Brand’s Vanna’s Choice, Hobby Love This Yarn! Solids, or a Stylecraft Special Double Knit. Any kind of aran or 10-ply yarn will do.
But yeah, any kind of yarn will do – the final size and look ‘n feel will just differ. It’s entirely up to you. It does not really matter! A matter of taste, purpose and the (leftover) yarn you have in your yarn stash.
The Crochet Heart Appliqué Pattern: An Easy Pattern
This large heart appliqué crochet pattern is a versatile beginners pattern. It is written is in simple English and is intended for beginners and more advanced crocheters alike. A soulful project. Make it and and feel good!