This article features the best summer craft ideas from the prior 2 linky parties. There are DIY & craft ideas here for everyone in the family, not just kids! Let’s start with some delicious and super-fast and easy summer recipes, shall we? We are having a heat wave here, and smoothies sound good. Want some too???!!
Delicious Healthy Smoothy Recipes
- How to make
Yummy healthy smoothies are super simple to make. It’s really easy to make different flavors: just change the fruit combinations! Here are 6 true and tried flavor combinations for ultimately healthy and yummy summer smoothies:
- Here are the flavors:
- Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, milk, natural yoghurt, ice cubes. About a cup full of each. Leave some raspberries out for decoration.
- Bananas, cocoa powder, cups milk.
- Bananas, milk, natural yogurt, mix of nuts (e.g. walnuts, pistachios, pecans), honey, vanilla extract.
- Apples, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon.
- Bananas, kiwis, yogurt, spinach, ice cubes.
- Mango, banana, pineapple chunks, coconut milk.
- Play around with various proportions till you get it just-the-way-you like it! (Hint: You can’t really go wrong.)
- How to make
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe
- Like to bake with the kids? Make this summer lemon, strawberry, yoghurt cake.
- If you don’t count the flour and the sugar, this is a pretty healthy cake. In any case, it’s light, fresh and fruity.
- By Cookin’ Food
Homemade Lava Lamp
- This is a winner of a summer kids camp craft!
- For this science project, you’ll need an empty water bottle, some cooking oil and water (in a ratio of 2:1), couple of drops of food coloring and Alka-seltzer tablets.
- Fill your bottle starting with oil, then water, leaving leaving 1 inch free at the top. Watch the water sink to the bottom, and wait till all bubbles are gone.
- Add the food coloring and wait till it slowly but surely start to tint the water.
- Now the fun really begins: break an Alka-setzer tablet in pieces and drop them in, and watch what happens…. Amazing.
- Once the spectacle is over, you can restart it by gently shaking the bottle, and you’ll see the bubble show all over again.
- By Crafts to do, with Kids
DIY Olympic Torch and Winners Metal
- As you can tell from this darling photo, making the Olympic flame torch is just one of many Olympic kids party ideas.
- I personally love the idea of the winners metals necklaces, the country flag-adorned drinking straws and the Olympic rings wall décor — all to complement that magic wand! All so simple and a tight theme.
- To make an Olympic Flame Torch, you’ll need
– Fleece scraps in red, orange and yellow
– Scrap polyester batting
– Gold pleather fabric
– 1 1/2 inch wide red grosgrain ribbon
- Sewing Notions (shears/rotary cutter, tape measure pins, thread & sewing machine, hand sewing needle)For the torch’s flame, start out by cutting out three leaf-shaped pieces as shown below, the yellow being about 3 inches high x 1 inch wide, the orange being about 4 1/4 inches high x 2 inches wide and the red being 6 inches high by 3 inches wide. Sew the layers together to get a three layered flame.
How to Glitter Your Own iPhone Case (tutorial)
- This iPhone case make-over is most definitely glitzy! It is so easy to make this. I wonder how long this glitter cover will last.
- She used school glue & water, followed by layer of clear nail polish. I am thinking that I would use other glue as school glue is washable, but it works, so who am I to say something.
- I already did say everything there is to say about glue, in my glue article.
- By the Concrete Cottage
How to Make a Sparkly Necklace Pendant
Entry Closet Transformation into Storage Bench
- By far the most involved and incredibly stunning project submitted. Granted, this is not a kids summer craft but as it is so good, I could not omit it in this line-up. You won’t get project plans, but you will get lots of inspiration when you see the plain standard white hallway closet doors that were there before.
- This makeover is sublime in my book. This is the view you’ll get when you first open the door. Note the smart mirror reflecting light into the area.
- The mirror is panelled to look like a window, and the glass fronts of the cabinet below continues that window feel. It feels so open and airy. This is a project that will take a bit longer than an afternoon.
- By Woven Home linky party and add your own creative projects. We want to see what you have made!