How to Make a Spring Mantel that Pops!
Today’s Feature: How to Create a Spring Mantel
For today’s linky party, I would like to feature Diane from An Extra-ordinary Day. She created this wonderful white and bright Spring mantel. It is just so happy.
Why this mantel works so incredibly well:
Repetition of Color
- The lovely color combination of powder blue, reds and greens are repeated over and over.
Repetition of Shapes
- The garland of circles is reinforced by the round shapes on the mantel, and the round shapes of the tulips.
Symmetry & Balance
- Left and right is exactly even, albeit not the same. Brilliant. The balance top/bottom also works. The pictures are not too high nor too heavy. The garland creates a third layer of visual interest.
- white mantel + white backgrounds in the garland + white vases + white frames and white backgrounds in the prints…. all that white makes the colors POP!
Modern Style Elements
- This mantel tells a story. It has visual interesting woodworking going on. That plus the vases give a sense of vintage and timelessness. Meanwhile, the garland is ultra-modern, lifting the whole display to … beautifully modern!
That’s how you design a GREAT mantel. By Diane from An Extraordinary Day.
Perhaps because of colors, I thought to show you these gorgeous crochet picture frames.