Next time you sipping coffee at a lovely terrace overlooking the ocean or so, create some unique vacation pictures, apply this photography tip to shoot heart-framed photos and make amazing memories!
You can do this taking all kinds of pictures of your family. Actually, this photography tip is also suitable for marriage proposals, wedding photo valentines cards and mothers day gifts…, btw. Because you can put both people as well as scenes in your frame. I’m thinking of a panoramic view of your vacation rental, or an Italian seaside scene. You get the picture ??!!(pun intended).
Now this tip may be really great & versatile, but it’s really simple. And I discovered it by sheer accident, playing with a coffee cup sleeve. You know I sell patterns to make your own coffee cup sleeves, so you know that coffee cup sleeves do not enter my life very often. But this day it did. And look.
Photography Tip to create a Heart Frame Around Your Photos
1. Take the coffee cup sleeve in your hand.
2. Tuck the top of the sleeve inwards so that a heart shape results.
3. Take a picture in the heart looking at your loved ones.
Amazingly cool photo technique, hey?!!
I thought you’d like it.
If you like to get this heart frame as a free Photoshop template, sign up for our newsletter.
More Photography Tips & Ideas
Check out our category page full of Photography Tips, such as:
- Tips for Family Photo Styling (by professional stylist Ahndea May) – learn how to make professional photos of your kids – treasures you will want to keep!
- Tips for Making Interesting & Beautiful Flower Images
- How to Transfer Photos Onto Wood
… + how to make personalised picture frames & more creative ideas.
First published July 2014; updated 2022.