So cute, I wish I would have thought of that. Lindsey of the Pleaded Poppy made this 100% recycled lampshade that is just glorious to look at. This lampshade will befit any room, depending upon fabrics chosen/remnants found in your stash. All you’ll need is scrap fabric and an old lampshade frame.
How-to Make Your Own Lampshades
This is really my quick 1,2,3 howto
- Find an old plain lampshade.
- Tear off whatever is on it.
- Wrap the metal wire frame in plain cloth.
- Then, tear strips that are long enough to fit between two spokes, plus 2 inches on both sides, for the tie on either side.
- Go around and around between the bars till the whole shade is ‘full’, but leave enough light between the layers to create a spider effect on the wall, when the light is on.
- Mix and match fabrics. Go wild like Lindsey, or choose a mono-chromatic color scheme for a calmer look. I’m thinking pastel pale yellow and white fabric, lace and crochet strips for this project. It will look shabby-chic and be calm, so that I’ll sleep sound at night.
Source | photo credit
The Pleaded Poppy
tag: make your own lamp shades || lampshade supplies