Shamrock. That quintessential symbol of Irish good luck. Hard to find, delicate to keep and lucky to have. As a St. Patrick’s Day crafts project, let’s make some!
Saint Patrick s Day seems to a ‘crafts for kids’-day and be celebrated mostly by preschooler kids and folks in their teens & tweens. So, for you, who love St Patrick’s Day, here is a 5-minute craft project that will keep you entertained and looking your part on that lucky day.
1. St. Patrick’s Day Crafts – Shamrock Brooch
Making pretty shirt boutonnieres = simple St. Patrick’s Day Crafts you can wear.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Crafts – Shamrock Hair Scrunchie
Cute and easy way to ‘dress up’ for St. Patrick’s Day with a fun hairdo.
3. St. Patrick’s Day Crafts – Shamrock Pen-topper
Kids love their pen toppers, and this Shamrock is a winner. Takes a few minutes to make one. Fun classroom project. Would make an equally cute snack bag topper, btw.
4. St. Patrick’s Day Crafts- Shamrock Bookmark
You can also download this image and print it as a St Patrick’s Day Card, or use it digitally, as an eCard wishing your friend Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
(This notebook, btw I picked up in the Netherlands and I love it. Maybe I’ll show you once I finally have/make the time to complete my precious calligraphy course. I’m 1/3 of the way through of learning how to make pretty cursive letters… but am still too embarrassed to show you. Too many ‘before’ pictures, and still no ‘after’ pictures yet.
Anyhow, back to the St. Patrick’s Day Rag pipe cleaner…. it can also be… a school back pack or key fob, a girl’s necklace pendant, or.. anything you wish it to be.
The fundamentals – How to Make a Rag Pipe Cleaner Shamrock
Shamrock Crafts for Kids :: Step-by-step Tutorial
1. Take a rag pipe cleaner. Keep 1/4” on the left of your thumb and the remainder of the stick on the right.
Fold the remainder in half and in half again.
2. Each quarter is to be a section of the clover leaf.
3. Give each quarter a twist so that it forms a loop and then fold it into a heart shape.
4. Use that 1/4” section to close the clover four and curve it so that it resembles a stem and can be attached to something else.
What to attach your Shamrock to? Anything can be decorated with rag pipe cleaner shamrock. The above are just a few of the ideas possible.
More St Patricks Day Ideas
Click here for many more St Patrick’s Day Crafts, home decorating ideas & tutorials.
tags: shamrock crafts, little irish blessing, saint patrick s day, St Patrick’s Day Crafts