Going back to school isn’t always fun for some kids with all the homework to come. Tammy Henderson is coming to the rescue with this personalized back-to-school supplies and study home décor tutorial. Creating, personalizing and styling a space of their own may make doing their homework a more enjoyable, with a few stickers, block shelves with their initials, push pins tuned into decorative push pins with decorative bottle caps. Small glass vases painted white and labeled with stickers to keep their space organized.
As always she encourages our readers to use what you already own and to visit second hand stores for what you don’t, whenever possible. And only then, shop here at Amazon for inexpensive back to school supplies and DIY craft supplies.
How to Personalize Back-to-School Supplies
This is a set of a fun craft projects for both kids and their moms to make. For each of the craft projects, I’ll indicate both the Craft Supplies Needed and the how-to.
DIY Personalized Push Pins
(for your back-to-school notice board, your locker, etc.)
To make the push pins you will need:
- bottle caps, and
- glue adhesive that will adhere to metal. E600 is what I used.
Apply glue to the center of your bottle cap and place the end of the push pin in the center.
DIY Personalized Blocks with Glitter Monograms
What you’ll need:
- Two Square block shelves
- Letter Stickers
Make a tiny mark to indicate the top of where you’ll stick each letter and then simply stick them on, in alignment.
What you’ll need:
- 2 clear Dollar store vases
- Label stickers (see image above).
You could use the Dollar store vases as they are: clear. Or, like I did, I used some 2X white spray paint to match the black and White theme.
When your paint is dry, add the label stickers.
By Tammy Henderson
One More Time Events
More DIY & Crafts
1) Back to school ideas: desk accessories, organizers, recycled craft ideas, kids furniture, bedroom furniture – make your own, Back-to-School Backpacks, Tote Bags, Lunch Bags Patterns, Easy to make Friendship Bracelets – Gifts
2)Tammy Henderson DIY Home Décor Vignettes (with recycled materials) – the complete series below.
Tammy enjoys the challenge of reinventing her décor. She’s great at figuring out how to make something out of ‘nothing’. To her, ‘left-overs’ have a purpose. She has an urge to recycle |reuse | revamp | redecorate | remodel. And she does so, creatively, beautifully and naturally. Her works shows her love for decorating.
Tammy is the living proof that decoration with what you have | recycled materials, plus maybe a small budget for craft supplies, can create beautiful results. When you walk through her house and her garden, as displayed in her blog, you see a tastefully decorated place that has personality and a sense of home.
Tammy used to own a retail scrapbooking business and her blog is that ‘One More Time’ love affair with the creative world. While her emphasis at ‘One More Time’ blog is on decorating, at the FineCraftGuild she shares her how-to’s and gives us more than a little peak on how things are put together. And yes, all of these beautiful photos above are all hers!
Glamour DIY Home Decorating Vignettes – series
Become a Home Decorating Pro w Tammy Henderson.
This article by Tammy is part of a series of how-to create great seasonal home decorations on a small budget. Here are some of her other fantastic DIY HOME DECOR articles:
- How to Hang a Floating Shelf
- DIY Glamour Pineapple Centerpiece (made with Pineapple Scraps & Hydrangeas)
- Stunning Budget Wedding Table Centerpiece
- DIY Summer Vignette w/ Recycled Lemonade Bottles
- DIY Beach Décor Ideas w Fishing Net
- DIY Seashell Centerpieces
- 4th of July Table Centerpiece w/ Recycled Glass
- DIY Natural Table Centerpieces with Hurricanes
- DIY Golf Themed Table Centerpiece
- How to Create a Splendid Spring Vignette with Glass
- How to Make Marbled Eggs Easter Decorations