Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake | This is one of those recipes that makes me want to walk over to the kitchen right away! I just love this idea. The cake below is made from granola bars with flour & brown sugar added to the crumble for extra sweetness, and a filling of heavy cream, egg whites and cream cheese. I am imagining this recipe with an organic yogurt instead… Am I crazy?!! Gotta go and experiment with this, as it looks almighty good, doesn’t it?!
A creamy frozen treat made with fresh strawberries and topped with crunchy granola bars. Easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day! With hot summer days and sweltering temperatures all around the country, this dessert is a “cool” alternative to your average cake!
Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake is the perfect frozen treat to serve at an outdoor summer get together. The irresistible crust is made with delicious Oats ‘n Honey granola bars mixed with brown sugar and butter, yum! The frozen cake is a creamy whipped filling with cream cheese, sugar and lemon. Adding the fresh strawberries gives it a light flavor and crunchy texture. It’s a very unique dessert because it’s not really ice cream and it’s not cake either … it’s a frozen dessert.
Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake Recipe
Prep Time:20 minutes
Total Time:3 hours 20 minutes
- 1 box Nature Valley Granola Bars
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups freshly chopped strawberries
- Put the granola bars in a food processor and process until you achieve a course crumb.
- In a large bowl, add the crumbs, brown sugar, flour and melted butter and mix together. Then spread into an 8×8″ pan that has been covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool. Then divide in half and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs whites and sugar and mix on high. Add the heavy cream and continue mixing for another five minutes.
- Continue to add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and softened cream cheese. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Fold the fresh strawberries into the cream mixture.
- In a buttered glass cake pan, press half of the crumb crust mixture on the bottom. Top with strawberry mix and then add the remaining crumbs to the top.
- Cover and freeze for three hours or more and enjoy!
photo credit | recipe: Rock ur party via recipesweet.net