Featuring DIY & Christmas Crafts for DIY CRAFT TUTORIALS linky party #23. In the round-up are wonderful seasonal craft ideas and tutorials. For example, today you can learn how to DIY burlap bird ornaments. Aren’t they adorable. Of course, inspired by Ballard Designs. Their stuff is soo good. Beautiful. And there’s more..
DIY Burlap Bird Ornaments
This DIY Burlap Bird Ornaments by Me Making Do (memakingdo.blogspot.com/2010/11/ballard-knockoff-burlap-bird-ornament.html) are Ballard Designs knock-offs.
- Cut 2 bird silhouette shapes, sew them together and fill. Tip: don’t overstuff!
- To create ornaments out if these birds, it’s best to add a piece of string on the top/back of the bird in-between the two layers of fabric and sew them all together.
- With craft wire, create feathers for wings and tail.
- Wrap these with rope so you can’t see the wires any longer. Stick wire into birds.
- Attach further rope detailing with glue and a few stitches.
- Make face with a black marker or black embroidery floss.
Fun and easy.