Looking for a fun way to beat the heat this summer? Why not try the DIY Ice Bucket Challenge? This viral sensation has taken the world by storm, and now you can create your own DIY version at home. Not only is it a fun activity for the whole family, but it also raises awareness and funds for a good cause. In this article, we’ll share some tips and ideas for creating your own DIY Ice Bucket Challenge.
Gather Your Supplies
- Large bucket or container
- Towels or blankets
- Optional: food coloring, glitter, or other fun decorations
Choose Your Challenge
- Classic Ice Bucket Challenge: Dump a bucket of ice water over your head
- Creative Challenges: Add fun decorations or modify the challenge to fit your family’s personality
- Kid-Friendly Challenges: Use smaller buckets or containers with less ice to make it easier for younger children
Set Up Your Challenge
- Choose a location that can get wet and is easy to clean up
- Lay down towels or blankets to catch any spills
- Fill the bucket or container with ice and water
- Add any optional decorations to make it more fun
Record and Share Your Challenge
- Film your DIY Ice Bucket Challenge and share it on social media
- Tag your friends and challenge them to participate
- Don’t forget to include a link to donate to a charity of your choice
- And be sure to have some Ice Bucket Challenge T-shirts made to give recognition to those who took on the challenge!
Becky from MyPaperCraze.com designed these so-cute ‘I survived’ the ice bucket challenge T-shirts for her sons. Such brave kids! Besides giving us a tutorial on how to make to design your own t-shirts like this, she also shares how to take this trendy opportunity, i.e. the Ice Bucket Challenge, to teach kids the good values embedded in charitable acts.
She has a couple of clever ways to extend their fundraising efforts, e.g. by matching them dollar for dollar. But there is more.
By making these t-shirts for them Becky shows her kids how proud she is of them. And they get to be really cool. All at the same time.
How to DIY Ice Bucket Challenge T-shirt
- Becky is a real fan of Vinyl Expressions, and simply orders the heat transfer vinyl sheets online. They deliver them pretty much the same day.
- I just had a quick look at them. It’s pretty cheap too. On sale for $3.39 a 12 x 12” sheet.
- The sheets are compatible with all craft cutters such as: Cricut, Silhouette, Xyron, Craft ROBO, Graphtec, Quickutz, Inspirations, Pazzles, etc.
- You can just iron the letters on, and layering is possible.
Photo credit | Tutorial with product reference links etc.: My Paper Craze.com
Over to you
The DIY Ice Bucket Challenge is a fun and creative way to stay cool this summer while raising awareness and funds for a good cause. Whether you’re looking for a classic challenge or a more unique and creative one, there are endless possibilities for making it your own. So, gather your supplies, invite your family and friends, and get ready to take on the challenge while making a difference in the world.