Instant love for this DIY hanging bedside table made from a slap of recycled walnut wood.
This slab of walnut wood is from an aunt’s grandfather’s farm. Pulled from the back of the barn and re-instated in full beauty, it’s now treasured as a heirloom. What an original and top quality bedside night stand, that is both rustic and chic.
My quick 1,2,3 How-to *
1. Prep: Flatten one side of the wood slab, sand top, and apply 2-3 coats of polyurethane to the wood for sealing and shine.
2. Drill & tie: Drill 3 holes, equal-distance. Tie 3 knots in 3 pieces of rope, and pull through holes.
3. Hang: Weave ropes together at top and attach a hook, to hang on eye-screw in ceiling.
* The MerryThought blog has much more details and detailed process photos on the blog. So if you are seriously interested in making this DIY hanging bedside table project, be sure to visit them!
More recycled craft & DIY projects, wood working projects & bedroom DIY projects
- 50+ DIY Wooden Furniture + Woodworking Projects
- Recycled Pallet Furniture … like this daybed…
- Recycled Furniture
- Recycled Pallet Furniture :: For Your Garden
- DIY Bedroom Furniture
- DIY tutorial for gorgeous Ballard knock-off bedroom benches
- DIY Recycled Furniture Design
- DIY Re-fashioned Dressers
- DIY Furniture
photo credit : The MerryThought.com