This DIY Animal Print Chair project makes a feature in your home. Animal prints are mega-trendy. You see them everywhere! Lots of variety too. You can find cheetah print, tiger print, lion print, zebra and other animal print fabric on home décor accessories, such as rugs, chairs, cabinets.
DIY Animal Print Chair
Today, I want to feature last week’s linky party contribution by Robin from Re-do It Yourself Inspiration. Robin showed us how her upholstery job using a velvet cheetah animal print for the seat transports this vintage chair to modern times. She also includes some tips in her animal print upholstery tutorial on how to re-paint a vintage chair like this to highlight its lovely woodwork details. Do check out her work.
Step by Step How-to Tutorial
- Remove the seat
- Add thin new cushion layer if needed, otherwise, reupholster right over the old fabric or if you’re tidy, remove that old reupholstery first before adding the new fabric. Tip: when measuring and cutting fabric, always allow ample seam width, on all sides. Robin used a stretch velvet, but ensure your fabric is not too stretchy and most importantly, really sturdy and durable to stand the test of time and usage.
- Repaint the chair’s wood work. For best results, always lightly sand first. For chairs with intricate details like this one, spray paint is really handy to get into all nooks and crannies. Let it dry as per the paint’s instructions.
- To get a slightly distressed look, Robin slightly sanded her chair to highlight woodworking features.
- Coat with polyurethane.
Photo collage: FineCraftGuild.com; Original imagery: Redo It Yourself Inspiration.
(In case Robin sounds ‘familiar’, I have featured Robin’s original recycling ideas before, with this beautiful DIY faux cast-iron garden sculpture of a horse.)
Tip: More Home Decor with Animal Prints
Do you like other home decor items with animal prints that you can make yourself? Here’s another how-to tutorial that you can easily bring some animal prints in your life: DIY zebra print mat for your living room floor.
DIY Zebra Rug – inexpensive handmade rug with animal print.
Congratulations to Robin for the animal print chair feature. Now it’s TIME FOR A (LINKY) PARTY!
How are you celebrating Fall? Show us your most creative Fall decorating, back-to-school, early Halloween ideas and other DIY ideas.
Thanks for joining us!
Share the Love and Link Back to the Fine Craft Guild!
Please be so kind so as to link back to this post. It’s a prerequisite to be featured and it’s just a nice and polite thing to do. As well, be sure to Pin the craft project that comes before you. That way we all get a bit more promotion. Thank you for doing so.
How to Link Back to the FineCraftGuild
A text link at the bottom of your post, or link somewhere on your blog is perfect. Thank you.
Stay in touch!
- Follow The Fine Craft Guild at GOOGLE+, Facebook or Pinterest
- And/or …
- Sign up for our NEWSLETTER. It brings you a huge list of all fabulous free patterns that I’ve collected over the years. And you’ll get (infrequent) newsletters. And/or…
- Come back to visit the BLOG, Fine Craft Guild. I LOVE TO stay connected with you!
- Be a social butterfly and have fun. See you soon again!