Go in elegant, feminine style to the office. What could be more contemporary and confidence-building than an elegant crochet office bag to hold your iPad, paperwork and all your great ideas?
What if I’d tell you that such won’t have to set you back a $000, but more like $10? Are you excited?
You could use this project to learn how to crochet. Suffice to say that this free crochet bag pattern is really easy. And because it’s using rug yarn and hook size K, it’s really fast also.
This bag could easily be an Anthrolopogie idea, but it isn’t. Yet, it would match many of their Winter / Spring outfits, like this two Spring dresses for example.
Not a tote bag, a market grocery bag, a diaper bag, nor a messenger bag, but a crochet office bag that holds the lot!
Crochet Yarn & Materials
- Choose Lion Brand Yarn 620-152 Wool-Ease Yarn, Oxford Grey 14 medium yarn in sand beige and black: (4 Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn; Solid, Heather, Twist: 3-Ounce (85g), 197 yd (180m)
Lion Brand Yarn 620-152 Wool-Ease Yarn, Oxford Grey ).
- Crochet Hook size K
- 2 sc 10 1″; 2 rows to 1″ , assuming quatriple yarn.
Crochet Bag Sides
- With sand beige, ch 23.
Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook, work 22 sc across, ch 1, turn.
Row 2: 1 sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.
Repeat Row 2 for 48 more rows. Fasten off.
- Ch 10. work on 9 sc for 20 rows. Fasten off.
- Make 2x.
- With black, ch 38. Work same as straps.
- Make 2x.
- With Black, ch 26. Starting in 2nd ch, work 1 sc in each ch to last ch, 3 sc in last ch, then working back on other side of chain, 1 sc in each st. Fasten off.
- Make 4x.
- Baste (or sew) gussets in place. On right side with Black work 1 sc and ch 1 in every other row along sides and bottom as shown. With Black work 2 rows of sc on top edges only of back and front.
- Sew straps in place as shown with 3″ extending at top.
- Join handles to straps with 1-1/2″ metal rings.
Click here for many more BEAUTIFUL crochet patterns .