This lunch bag says ‘mom loves me’. That cut-out motif from the printed fabric is tale-telling! Which girl would not want to open and eat the goodies out of this lovely lunch tote? I’m sure you could find with a fabric color & theme, and appliqué that a young boy would love.
This is so easy to make, you could even hand-sew it, if you don’t have a sewing machine.
Photo credit & bag designer: Shannon Dennis, previously featured at SewNews
What you’ll need is not much.
- Just 1/2 yard of solid fabric. (Check out some of these lovely solid Amy Butler Fabrics
- 1/2 yard of print fabric with motifs you can cut out. Here are some *beautiful* coordinating printed Amy Butler Fabrics
- 1/3 yard of insulated batting (such as this wonderful material called Insul Bright
- 1/4 yard of stiff fusible interfacing, such as Fast2Fuse
- 3/4″ button
- Coordinating cotton sewing thread
- Coordinating or contrasting decorative thread
- Spray adhesive.
And here it is, to make your own cute back-to-school lunch bag, here is the complete, free tutorial as a pdf download .