This is a blanket that you just want to snuggle with. What a perfect baby blanket … for babies … and for me… (I suppose we could up-size it, couldn’t we?!) Anyhow, working with this super soft wool in perfect pastel colors is of course THE thing to do this Fall. Comfy!! Give yourself a break from Halloween affairs and make this adorable cable knit blanket.
Free Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
This baby blanket knitting pattern is not a beginners pattern per se’. But I consider it an excellent pattern for a knitter to learn how to make cables and to realize how relatively easy knitting cables actually is once you get the hang of it. The trick with knitting cables is to have an extra crochet hook or oversized safety pin or some other great method you like to help you move the stitches over.
This cable knit baby blanket looks splendid, and would make a gorgeous baby shower gift or Christmas gift. Or, make it for your own offspring. A couple of evenings in front of the TV (while paying attention to your knitting) and you’re done.
Bernat changed it website, and my old link is lost somehwer
What You’ll Need
More Baby Patterns
- Stunning chocolate and cream baby crochet blanket
- Make your own stacked baby toys : free pattern
- Baby whale rattle – free pattern
- Beachy Bath mits – free template * sewing pattern
- Cheery Rainbow mobile – free crochet pattern
- Bathroom mat with knee pillow for moms giving baby baths
- Five things to love about being a mom
- This holiday season don’t be a perfectionist
- Lovely Floral Baby Quilt– Free Pattern – Follow-the-Lines
- Fabric-Paint a Baby Shirt (baby tshirt applique, free template)
- Father’s Day Card for brandnew Fathers
- Italian Birth Announcement: creative splendor
- Download free templates for Scrapbooking: LOVE book
- Baby party Costume ideas
- More Baby PatternsRuffled Quilted Baby Blanket :: Free Sewing Pattern