Are you looking to make a special and meaningful gift for a new baby in your life? Crocheting a baby blanket is a wonderful way to show your love and care. Plus, it’s a fun and creative project that can be customized to match any nursery décor.
If you’re new to crochet or just looking for some fresh ideas, check out this free baby blanket crochet pattern, as well as some of the other baby blanket crochet patterns we have featured here at FineCraftGuild. They’re perfect for beginners and experienced crocheters alike, and they’re sure to keep your little one warm and snug.
Regarding the one featured here today:
“Cozy & Cute” – that sums up this cream white baby crochet blanket pattern. Adorned with a chocolate brown ribbon, it makes for a delightful baby shower gift, or crochet this for your own newborn! It’s so lovely.
Baby Blanket :: Free Crochet Pattern
(Tip: Don’t just go and grab the free crochet blanket pattern, but check out the blog as well. This is a beautiful inspirational visual diary of a new mom blogger who really gives you a peek into her life with her new baby.)
What’s that Crochet Stitch pattern? Easy!
Row 1 (RS): 2 sc in 3rd ch from hook. (Sk next ch, 2 sc in next ch) across to end; turn (90 sts).
What the Stitch Pattern to get that lovely texture?!
After a foundation row of sc’s, this blanket pattern uses a fairly simple crochet stitch pattern of Ch 1,* sk first st, 2 sc in next st, and repeat from * till the end.
All rows are the same: just repeat the second row. It does not come much easier than this. A wonderful beginners pattern, and/or project to take to the garden or the beach: you won’t forget what row. or stitch you are at, you can instantly see what’s to go next.
The crochet pattern of alternating skips and 2sc gives a nice bit of texture.
To me this is kids bedding made with crochet at its best! Handmade bedding like this makes even simple kids furniture look stunning.
Other Knitting & Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Simple Shell Stitch Baby Blanket, or a variation thereof: this easy harlequin stitch crochet baby blanket. This pattern features a classic shell stitch that creates a beautiful and textured design. It’s easy to customize with your favorite colors, and the finished product is perfect for snuggling up with.
- Striped Crochet Baby Blanket: This pattern is perfect for using up leftover yarn from other projects. It features a simple striped design that can be customized with any colors you choose. Plus, the alternating stripes create a unique and eye-catching look. Striped does not have to be ‘boring’! Check out this striped Lace Ripple Blanket Crochet Pattern (advanced)
- Chevron Crochet Baby Blanket: This pattern features a trendy chevron design that is sure to impress. It’s a little more challenging than some of the other patterns on this list, but the end result is worth the effort. Plus, you can customize the colors to match any nursery décor.
- Granny Square Baby Blanket: This classic pattern is a favorite for many crocheters. It features granny squares that are joined together to create a beautiful and cozy blanket. Plus, you can mix and match colors and ideas to create your own unique design. As a base, use this butterfly granny square crochet pattern for baby blankets featuring delightful 3D butterfly motifs – your starting point! Then, add your own creativity for endless variations.
- And a variation of this: Granny Rows Baby Blanket – a Free Crochet Pattern with Color Tips for Blankets.
- Entrelac Crochet Baby Blankets Pattern (advanced beginner/intermediate).
No matter which pattern you choose, these free baby blanket crochet patterns are sure to become a cherished family heirloom. So grab your hook and some soft yarn, and get started on a special gift for your little one.
Quilted Blanket Patterns & Tutorials
Free Quilt Patterns … made with roses, with ruffles, with yo-yos, with old sweaters, patchwork, cute, romantic, modern…. oh all sorts, and all beautiful blankets in their own right!
More Baby Gifts to Make
- Homemade Baby Toys Tutorial
- Handmade Greeting Cards aka Baby Embroidery Patterns
- Cute DIY Cloth Rack Dividers
Or just search under ‘Baby‘ for lots of baby crafts and ideas.