Romantic Spring Dresses, Sewing Pattern.
Today I have a sewing video tutorial for an elegant Anthropologie dress, called Gathering Breeze. This Spring dress / Summer dress retails at $260. You can make it for less than $20. Come learn how.
Half lace, half jersey, this dress goes easily from backyard BBQ to wedding party.
It has a zipper at the back, and is 33”L.
1. You’ll need a lace bodice, which you can either make yourself, or like in the video, find one in a thrift store. Here is a link to gorgeous lace fabric if you are opting to make your own.
2. And, you’ll need 2-3 yards of wide jersey fabric; bias tape to match your bodice*; woven elastic (instead of a zipper); plus thread in the color of the bodice or the skirt.
3. Of course, you’ll also need a sewing machine, and the usual sewing supplies: pins, scissors, etc.
*If you can’t find bias tape in the right color, consider a Bias Tape Machine. This is a handy machine from Simplicity allows you to make your own bias tape from the fabric you want, easy, fast and without burning your fingers. Click the image to learn more.
It will take about 2-3 hours to make this dress.
Video Dress Making Tutorial
Anthropology Inspired Spring Dress
(if you don’t see the video, click here)
Womens Fashion Sewing Patterns
4. Anthropologie Cascading Ruffle Skirt
7. Free Ruffle Dress Pattern (great for the holidays ~ see image on right)
8. Complete Embellishing: Techniques & Projects a la Anthropologie
9. Back-to-school Pleated Skirt
and other womens fashion sewing patterns
plus some fun patterns & ideas: